The North West Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership (NWSSDTP) holds an annual competition for postgraduate studentship funding. Candidates may apply for funding towards master’s and doctoral (1+3/2+2/2+3) study, or doctoral study only (+3/+2). The NWSSDTP does not fund standalone master’s programmes. The NWSSDTP welcomes applications for part-time study.
The NWSSDTP’s fully-funded ESRC studentships cover:
- payment of tuition fees for the duration of the studentship (including master’s years for 1+3, 2+2 and 2+3 studentships), at the Home tuition fee rate;
- an annual maintenance stipend (full-time: £17,668, part-time: £8,834.00 in 2022/23);
- reimbursement of research expenses via the Research Training Support Grant;
- opportunities to apply for additional funding to support internships, fieldwork and overseas institutional visits.
Studentship Application Paperwork
THE PAPERWORK FOR THE 2023 COMPETITION WILL BE LAUNCHED BY THE 22nd SEPTEMBER 2022.
The deadline for submission of applications, for funding commencing October 2023, will be the 1st February 2023.
ESRC Priority Areas
The ESRC have awarded the NWSSDTP 12 steered awards each year in the following Priority Areas:
- Advanced Quantitative Methods (4 awards)
- Use of Datasets (4 awards)
- Interdisciplinary research, which straddles other research council remits (4 awards)
If you think your research may fit within one of these priority areas, please see here for further details of how to apply.