The North West Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership (NWSSDTP) holds an annual competition for postgraduate studentship funding. Candidates may apply for funding towards master’s and doctoral (1+3/2+2) study, or doctoral study only (+3/+2). The NWSSDTP does not fund standalone master’s programmes.
The NWSSDTP welcomes applications for part-time study.
The NWSSDTP’s fully-funded ESRC studentships cover:
- payment of tuition fees for the duration of the studentship (including master’s and training years for 1+3 and 2+2 studentships);
- an annual maintenance stipend (full-time: £15,009, part-time: £7,504.50 for 2018/19);
- reimbursement of research expenses via the Research Training Support Grant;
- opportunities to apply for additional funding to support internships, fieldwork and overseas institutional visits.
Studentship Application Paperwork for October 2021 entry will be made available here during October 2020 and the competition will close on the 1st February 2021.
The ESRC have awarded the NWSSDTP 12 steered awards each year in the following Priority Areas:
- Advanced Quantitative Methods (4 awards)
- Use of ESRC data sets (4 awards)
- Interdisciplinary research, which straddles other research council remits (4 awards)
If you think your research may fit within one of these priority areas, please see here for further details of how to apply.