NWSSDTP students can apply for additional funding, and a funded studentship extension, to undertake an Overseas Institutional Visit (OIV).
NWSSDTP-funded students (including fees only students) can apply to undertake an OIV during their PhD – master’s students are not eligible to apply. OIVs should not take place during the first three months of the PhD, and any OIVs taking place in the final year of the studentship must be completed at least three months prior to the original end date of the studentship.
The process for applying for OIV support is outlined below:
- NWSSDTP Overseas Institutional Visits Guidance
- NWSSDTP Overseas Institutional Visits Application Form
If successful, students will need the following paperwork:
To read about recent NWSSDTP-funded Overseas Institutional Visits, please visit our Overseas Institutional Visits Blog Archive!
There are three deadlines per year for OIV Applications to be submitted. It is not possible to apply outside of these deadlines. It will take up to three weeks for applications to be reviewed and outcomes communicated, so please ensure you apply well in advance of your planned activity.
- Friday 5th November 2021 (suggested deadline for activity taking place January – April 2022)
- Friday 4th February 2022 (suggested deadline for activity taking place May – August 2022)
- Friday 3rd June 2022 (suggested deadline for activity taking place September – December 2022)
- Friday 4th November 2022 (suggested deadline for activity taking place January – April 2023)
- Friday 3rd February 2023 (suggested deadline for activity taking place May – August 2023)
- Friday 2nd June 2023 (suggested deadline for activity taking place September – December 2023)