NWSSDTP students can apply for additional funding, and a funded studentship extension, to undertake an Overseas Institutional Visit (OIV).
NWSSDTP-funded students (including fees only students) can apply to undertake an OIV during their PhD – master’s students are not eligible to apply. OIVs should not take place during the first three months of the PhD, and any OIVs taking place in the final year of the studentship must be completed at least three months prior to the original end date of the studentship.
The process for applying for OIV support is outlined below:
- NWSSDTP Overseas Institutional Visits Guidance
- NWSSDTP Overseas Institutional Visits Application Form
If successful, students will need the following paperwork:
There are three deadlines per year for OIV Applications to be submitted. It is not possible to apply outside of these deadlines. It will take up to three weeks for applications to be reviewed and outcomes communicated, so please ensure you apply well in advance of your planned activity.
- Friday 9th November 2018 (suggested deadline for visits taking place January – April 2019)
- Friday 8th February 2019 (suggested deadline for visits taking place May – August 2019)
- Friday 7th June 2019 (suggested deadline for visits taking place September – December 2019)
- Friday 8th November 2019 (suggested deadline for visits taking place January – April 2020)
- Friday 7th February 2020 (suggested deadline for visits taking place May – August 2020)
- Friday 6th June 2020 (suggested deadline for visits taking place September – December 2020)