NWSSDTP students can apply for additional funding, and a funded studentship extension, to undertake an internship.
NWSSDTP-funded students (including fees only students) can apply to undertake an internship during their PhD – master’s students are not eligible to apply. Internships should not take place during the first three months of the PhD, and any internships taking place in the final year of the studentship must be completed at least three months prior to the original end date of the studentship.
The process for applying for internship support is outlined below:
If successful, students will need the following paperwork:
To read about recent NWSSDTP-funded Internships, please visit our Internships Blog Archive!
There are three deadlines per year for Internship Applications to be submitted. It is not possible to apply outside of these deadlines. It will take up to three weeks for applications to be reviewed and outcomes communicated, so please ensure you apply well in advance of your planned activity.
- Friday 4th November 2022 (last deadline for activity taking place January – April 2023)
- Friday 3rd February 2023 (last deadline for activity taking place May – August 2023)
- Friday 2nd June 2023 (last deadline for activity taking place September – December 2023)
- Friday 3rd November 2023 (last deadline for activity taking place January – April 2024)
- Friday 3nd February 2024 (last deadline for activity taking place May – August 2024)
- Friday 7th June 2024 (last deadline for activity taking place September – December 2024)