NWSSDTP students can apply for additional funding to support Overseas Fieldwork (OSFW) trips in support of their doctoral research.
Students should also use this paperwork to apply for extensions on the grounds of Difficult Language Training.
NWSSDTP-funded students (including fees only students) can apply to this fund for overseas fieldwork taking place during their PhD. Master’s students are not eligible to receive OSFW funding during their master’s programme, but can submit an application during this time in preparation for OSFW research trips during their PhD. Fieldwork should not be undertaken in the last three months of the studentship.
The process for applying for OSFW support is outlined below:
To read about recent NWSSDTP-funded Fieldwork trips, please visit our Fieldwork Blog Archive!
There are three deadlines per year for OSFW Applications to be submitted. It is not possible to apply outside of these deadlines. It will take up to three weeks for applications to be reviewed and outcomes communicated, so please ensure you apply well in advance of your planned activity.
- Friday 4th November 2022 (last deadline for activity taking place January – April 2023)
- Friday 3rd February 2023 (last deadline for activity taking place May – August 2023)
- Friday 2nd June 2023 (last deadline for activity taking place September – December 2023)
- Friday 3rd November 2023 (last deadline for activity taking place January – April 2024)
- Friday 3nd February 2024 (last deadline for activity taking place May – August 2024)
- Friday 7th June 2024 (last deadline for activity taking place September – December 2024)