The NWSSDTP is committed to doing all we can to support our students during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Details of the extension request processes to date can be found below.
- For blogposts about NWSSDTP Students experiences of studying during the pandemic, please check out https://nwssdtp.ac.uk/tag/covid-19/
- Our training initiative, Methods North West, has been offering weekly online methods sessions since July 2020, details of which can be found here: https://nwssdtp.ac.uk/about/methods-north-west/methods-sessions/
Extension Request Rounds to Date
There have been the following opportunities to request extensions due to the impact of COVID-19:
- Phase 1 (May 2020): An UKRI initiative, run by individual universities, for DTP students with an end date 1st March 2020 – 31st March 2021.
- Phase 1.5 (Dec 2020): A NWSSDTP initiative, for DTP students with an end date after 30th September 2021, who will struggle to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on their projects and who may find it difficult to access extensions through Phase 2, below.
- Phase 2 (Jan–May 2021): A UKRI initiative, run by individual universities, for any DTP students – but prioritising those with an end date 1st April – 30th September 2021 and/or who will struggle to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on their projects (particularly those with caring responsibilities, long term health concerns and disabilities).
Phase 3 Extension Requests
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has confirmed further action to support doctoral students affected by the COVID-19 pandemic: https://www.ukri.org/news/rules-for-phd-funding-relaxed-for-those-affected-by-the-pandemic/
This ‘Phase 3’ will pick up after Phase 2 has been completed at each institution, and will be the long-term process for students who wish to apply for funding extensions related to the impacts of COVID-19. Please see below the Guidance and Application Form for applying for such extensions:
- NWSSDTP COVID-19 Phase 3 Extension Request Guidance
- NWSSDTP COVID-19 Phase 3 Extension Request Application Form
Thank you all very much for your patience during this time. If you have any queries regarding the above, contact email@example.com Please bear in mind that the NWSSDTP Team is also being impacted by the repercussions of COVID-19, potentially resulting in some delays in response, and we will get back to queries as soon as we are able.
- Posted 30th April 2020
- Update 2nd September 2020
- 2nd Update 12th November 2020
- 3rd Update 21st May 2021
- 4th Update 22nd July 2021