The ESRC have awarded the NWSSDTP 12 steered awards each year in the following Priority Areas:
- Advanced Quantitative Methods (4 awards)
- Use of data sets (4 awards)
- Interdisciplinary research, which straddles other research council remits (4 awards)
It is important that the NWSSDTP takes up the full complement of awards made in Priority Areas each year. Within the ESRC Priority Areas, the NWSSDTP encourages applications aligned with the following Specialised Training Routes, identified by the ESRC as strengths within the consortium:
- Longitudinal Data Analysis (for Use of ESRC Data sets)
- Data Science (for Interdisciplinary research, which straddles other research council remits)
We also encourage students to identify if their proposed project fits into a Priority Area, even if it does not fall in one of the Specialised Training Routes outlined above.