In the March 2017 budget the government announced the creation of the National Productivity Investment Fund (NPIF) and the allocation of £90m to the Research Councils to provide an additional 1000 PhD places in 2017/18 in areas aligned with the Industrial Strategy. The ESRC was allocated a number of these studentships, and as a result the NWSSDTP has eight Industrial Strategy studentships to award, commencing October 2017.
The studentships are available in three key areas:
- Advanced Quantitative Methods (3 studentships)
- Use of ESRC Datasets (2 studentships)
- Industrial Strategy Social Science Challenges (3 studentships)
To apply for an NWSSDTP Industrial Strategy Studentship, please find the guidance and application forms below:
- NWSSDTP Industrial Strategy Application Guidance
- NWSSDTP Industrial Strategy Application Form
- NWSSDTP Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
The deadline for applications to be submitted to email@example.com is 5pm on Friday 30th June 2017.
The following supporting documents should also be considered by candidates, where applicable:
For AQM Applicants:
For Industrial Strategy Social Science Challenges Applicants: