The ESRC offer a one-day media training session that provides the opportunity to develop practical media skills in a safe environment. This training is open to all ESRC-funded researchers, including PhD students funded through the NWSSDTP.
What the training covers
The course will:
- show how the media can be an effective tool to disseminate research and increase its impact
- help delegates understand what journalists want from researchers, and the news angle of research findings
- provide experience of being interviewed by a broadcast journalist in different scenarios
- offer techniques for taking control of an interview and getting a message across
- explain how working with the media can support research having an impact on policy and practice.
The training is facilitated by the ESRC Press Office, and takes place several times a year. The course is free, but please note that there is a cancellation charge of £195.00, should you cancel your place with less than 48 hours notice.
For more information, including upcoming dates and booking instructions, please visit the ESRC Media Training webpage.